Ashram Rules And Guidelines
- The spirit behind the discipline and rules are purely to maintain the spiritual purpose of the centre and for you to obtain maximum benefit from your practice.
- The yoga centre serves as a retreat from the stresses of daily life and provides a protected, clean and quiet environment for your practice.
- Ladies and gents cannot stay together; they will have separate rooms to stay, even if they are husband and wife they need to stay separately.
- Strictly no smoking and no alcohol allowed inside the ashram premises.
- Only vegetarian food will be provided.
- Adhere to the ashram rules and regulations (Timings and programme schedule to be strictly followed)
- Dress code to be maintained as per ashram policies.
- Ashram will not be responsible on safekeeping of individual’s belongings.
- Please leave your shoes neatly outside on the rack provided.
- Switch off all mobile phones and pagers before entering the centre.
- Silence must be strictly observed in class.
- If you have a medical condition, please consult your doctor about the suitability of this method of practice before starting. The centre will take no responsibility for illnesses/injuries suffered during any of the classes.
- Wear loose comfortable loose clothing for asana practice. To maintain the sanctity of the centre, modest dress is required, with shoulders, midriff and legs covered. Tight fitting, transparent and revealing clothing is not permitted in the centre. Changing rooms are available.
- Students are requested to bring their own clothes for the classes preferably White T-Shirt and white Tracks for the classes.
- The centre will not accept responsibility for any loss or damage of your belongings in the centre. Please keep your valuables with you at all times.
- It is not advisable to eat for at least 2-3 hours before class.
- It is preferable to bathe before asana practice rather than after as bathing will dissipate energy.
- Cleanliness of body and clothes should be observed by all students taking class.
- Punctuality is important. Latecomers will not be allowed to enter if the class is full or after 20 minutes. Students who are permitted to join a class late should enter the class quietly, without disturbing the other students or altering the provided mat spaces.
- Classes missed during courses cannot be made up or substituted with classes from another course or with open classes.
- Students are expected to attend all classes of the course, if students miss more than three classes they may be asked to repeat the course.
Class rules & requests
- Do not alter the position of the asana mats in a class to suit your convenience.
- Students must not assist each other during class without prior permission of the teacher.
- When the class has ended, please fold the mats and towels and place them in the cupboard neatly.
- Any feedback, comments or suggestions for the teachers should be reserved until the end of the class.
- Any reading in the centre should be of a spiritual nature.
- We prefer advanced registration for all courses and workshops.
Cancellations & Refunds
- No refunds under any circumstances. A credit note will be issued in the event of cancellation up to 48 hrs before the commencement of the course. This may be used for any other class/course but is not redeemable against boutique items.
- The centre has the right to cancel classes/courses due to unforeseen circumstances without prior notice. Cancellation of a course by the centre will result in a full refund of any monies paid.
- The centre serves as a haven of peace and quiet in this hectic world. To maintain the pure vibration we request you to abide by the above rules in a spirit of co-operation. Your understanding and patience is appreciated.
- We are happy to have the opportunity to serve and sincerely hope that you enjoy the classes and benefit from yoga and mediation practices.
What to bring
- Comfortable clothes, sandals, toiletries, personal items, meditation shawl for cool evenings, yoga asana mat or pad, meditation cushion, notebooks, pens, towels and a torch.
- These items can usually be purchased in the ashram boutique.
How to Register
- Log on to our website and fill in the registration form.
- Contact Ashram Administration to get registered for the course.
- Foreign Nationals are required to bring their original passport with a valid visa for India. Foreign guests are advised to apply for regular tourist visa stating the purpose of stay as holiday.
- Details of the course and the directions to various rooms to be displayed.
- Induction to be conducted to all new comers on Ashram Rules, Regulations, Course details and Facility details to be briefed.
- Check the authenticity of the Students by verifying the Passport and other relevant documents
- Collection of PP copies and handing over to the nearest Police Station.
- Accommodation is shared twin rooms which have attached private bathroom with cold water only.
- Single room accommodation can be booked depending on room availability for a surcharge. (Optional)
- For all accommodation 2 bed sheets, a pillow, pillow case and a mosquito net are provided.
- Strictly First cum First Basis on Rooms and sharing of Rooms.